Art Tuition Overview
Art tuition includes supplies needed for instructional purposes such as canvas, oil paints, brushes, sketch paper and pencils.
Fall – 15 weeks Spring – 16 weeks Summer – 6 weeks
Payment Plans for Art Tuition
- Plan A: Full tuition and registration fee of $25 paid upon registration with ACTIVE.
- Plan B: Tuition paid monthly by debit or credit card enrolled in ACTIVE’s payment plan.
Payment Plan A is the full semester’s tuition paid up front, at the time of registration. You can pay securely through ACTIVE by debit or credit card.
Payment Plan B is an automatic monthly payment plan, set up through ACTIVE where the semester’s cost is split into 5 payments, made on the 15th of each month (Aug-Dec, or Jan-May). This monthly payment will be an automatic secure charge to the debit or credit card of your choice. The first payment is due at the time of registration along with the $25 registration fee. When you register on ACTIVE, you will decide whether to pay in full or set up monthly payments.
If payment becomes a problem, please email the Conservatory Assistant at email@example.com or call the Conservatory office (205-228-1028) to discuss the issue.
- Multi-Lesson Discount: For a student taking two or more lessons, each additional lesson is discounted 10%.
- Sibling Discount: We offer a 10% discount toward the tuition of each additional family member in the same household.
- Prior to the first week of the semester, the total tuition is due or you must be enrolled in monthly payments.
- Tuition payments and fees paid are non-refundable in whole or in part.
- If the student discontinues his/her participation in the program, payment is still due in full for the remainder of the semester including the recital costume fee.
- Enrollment is for the entire semester. We understand that life happens and occasionally there will be a broken arm or something that keeps a student from finishing out a semester. Rather than refund the tuition, we will count it toward the next semester’s tuition.
Check Bouncing Policy
There will be a $35 fee for a bounced check.
Late Payment Provisions
If a student’s account balance is delinquent, the Conservatory may, in its discretion, deny further participation in Conservatory classes and events until the account is current or until alternative payment arrangements are mutually agreed upon.*
*The Conservatory may, in its sole discretion, consider extenuating circumstances and allow a student to discontinue lessons without penalty or further financial obligation.
Withdrawals & Refunds
No adjustment of charges or refunds will be made in the case of withdrawal after the semester begins. A student should not register for lessons or classes if he/she believes there may be any scheduling conflicts. Failure to attend classes does not constitute withdrawal. Prolonged illness, loss of job, or moving away from the Birmingham metropolitan area are the only considerations for tuition refunds and adjustments.
Lesson Absence/Late Arrival Policy
- Students who will be late or will miss a lesson should contact their instructor as soon as possible; if unable to reach them, call the Conservatory office at 205-228-1025.
- Instructors are under no obligation to extend lessons that begin after the scheduled start time, or makeup lessons cancelled by the student.
- Only lessons excused due to illness or death in the immediate family will be made up. There are no exceptions to this policy. Absences are not excused due to other extra curricular activities (i.e. baseball, football, cheerleading…).
- If an instructor will be unavailable for a lesson, the student will be notified as far in advance as possible, and lessons will be rescheduled at a mutually agreed upon time on the church campus.
- Lessons will be rescheduled if the church closes due to inclement weather.
- Only one excused lesson will be made up during the semester. If a student misses a lesson and does not give prior notice, that lesson will not be rescheduled.