Music Tuition Overview
Music tuition includes individual or group lessons – It does NOT include music books and other supplies.
See our Musicianship page for more information on these free classes.
- FALL and SPRING semesters – 16 weeks SUMMER semester – 6 weeks
- Registration Fee per student, per semester – $25 – Summer – $10
- PRIVATE LESSONS: Students will attend a 30-minute private lesson each week and have the option to attend a 45-minute weekly Musicianship class (Fall and Spring only) at no additional charge.
- Price: Fall & Spring – $480 Summer – $180
- GROUP LESSONS: Voice class (approx. age 12 & under) and Lil’ Piano Pals (ages 4-6)
- Price: Fall & Spring – $320 Summer – $120
- Price: Fall & Spring – $320 Summer – $120
- Lessons are offered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 12:00-8:30 PM, and Wednesday 1-5:30 PM, depending on each instructor’s teaching schedule.
Payment Plans for Music Tuition
- Plan A: Full tuition paid upon registration
- Plan B: Tuition paid monthly by credit card agreement
Payment Plan A is the full semester’s tuition paid up front, at the time of registration. You can pay by debit or credit card online.
Payment Plan B is an automatic monthly payment plan, set up through ACTIVE where the semester’s cost is split into 4 payments, made on the 15th of each month (Aug-Nov, or Jan-April). This monthly payment will be an automatic secure charge to the debit or credit card of your choice. The first payment is due at the time of registration along with the $25 registration fee. When you register on ACTIVE, you will decide whether to pay in full or set up monthly payments.
If payment becomes a problem, please email the Conservatory Director at email@example.com or call the Conservatory office (205-228-1013) to discuss the issue.
- Multi-Lesson Discount: For a student taking two or more lessons, one additional lesson is discounted 10%.
- Sibling Discount: We offer a 10% discount toward the tuition of one additional family member in the same household.
- Prior to the first week of the semester, the total tuition is due, or you must be enrolled in our monthly payment plan.
- Tuition payments and fees paid are non-refundable in whole or in part, except in extenuating circumstances such as hospitalization or moving out of the area.
- If the student discontinues his/her participation in the program, payment is still due in full for the remainder of the semester.
- Enrollment is for the entire semester. We understand that life happens and occasionally there will be extenuating circumstances that keep a student from finishing out a semester. Contact the Conservatory Director on our policy.
Late Payment Provisions
If a student’s account balance is delinquent, the Conservatory may, in its discretion, deny further participation in Conservatory lessons and events until the account is current or until alternative payment arrangements are mutually agreed upon.
Withdrawals & Refunds
No adjustment of charges or refunds will be made in the case of withdrawal after the semester begins. A student should not register for lessons or classes if he/she believes there may be any scheduling conflicts. Failure to attend classes does not constitute withdrawal. Prolonged illness, loss of job, or moving away from the Birmingham metropolitan area are the only considerations for tuition refunds and adjustments.
Music Lesson Absence/Late Arrival Policy
- Students who will be late or will miss a lesson should contact their instructor as soon as possible; if unable to reach them, email the Conservatory Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instructors are under no obligation to extend lessons that begin after the scheduled start time, or makeup lessons cancelled by the student.
- Only lessons excused due to illness or death in the immediate family will be made up. There are no exceptions to this policy. Absences are not excused due to other extracurricular activities (ex. school and church activities, concerts, vacations, and appointments).
- If an instructor will be unavailable for a lesson, the student will be notified as far in advance as possible, and lessons will be rescheduled at a mutually agreed upon time on the church campus.
- Lessons will be rescheduled if the church closes due to inclement weather.
- Only one excused lesson will be made up during the semester. If a student misses a lesson and does not give prior notice, that lesson will not be rescheduled.